My life - from the impact of great loss, to a refreshing new take on life and a place where I now share ............... my favorite Plant Strong recipes....

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Banana Crepes (Grain Free, Protein Rich)

Banana Crepes (Grain Free, Protein Rich)

So I saw a great new recipe this morning, and decided to try it out right away. I love the idea of grain free simply because I know so many who are avoiding grains. I was surprised and delighted with the simplicity of this recipe. If it’s catching your eye, let me just say that you probably already have the ingredients on hand.

These Banana Crepes were impressive, and if you’re a foodie, than you’ll love the idea of getting your fruit and protein in such an easy, fast, delicious, REAL food way.

Here’s what you need:

1 Ripened Banana
2 eggs
butter, palm kernel oil, coconut oil or ghee for frying.

Simple Directions:
Heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-low heat. Mash banana with a fork and then add the eggs and whip with a fork. Spoon the batter into the oil.  Once they firm up, flip them once... just as you would a pancake.

At first, I was hesitant to mix the egg and banana flavors, but it really turned out well. It tasted more like crepes than it did egg. I didn’t top with anything this time, but it would be delicious with nutmeg and cinnamon or whatever else you normally would top pancakes with. 

It's a great way to use those ripe bananas that you may have in the freezer - just thaw them first.

With a healthy easy breakfast out of the way, I can spend my time on more important things....

No comments: